Saturday

808's & Fartbreak

I get the feeling that on the Tuesday after next I’ll be the only one buying Kanye West’s new CD, 808’s & Heartbreak. He decided to do autotune and use strictly beats from an 808 drum machine on every single song. Not sure if it’s a good thing or bad, but to me he can’t really do anything wrong. He could record a bluegrass song with just a banjo and spoons behind his voice and chances are I’d still love it.

Everyone seems to hate the new sound though. I can understand where people are coming from, it’s a drastic change for sure. And I bet that if it was just some new artist’s CD instead of his, it would get a lot more respect, but I just see it as a totally new direction. Like Sufjan Stevens going from electronic to nice, folky stuff.

Or like Beastie Boys going from hardcore punk to hip hop.

That’s drastic.

But this, this is just another day at work for mista West.

You decide.

Kanye West – Amazing (ft. Young Jeezy)

Kanye West – Heartless

Kanye West – Love Lockdown

No comments: