Monday

"Stronger than Teflon"

The Cool Kids have been rocking my world for the last little while, here's a favorite of mine right now:


The Cool Kids - Delivery Man


Another favorite is Jay-Z's new track from his upcoming album The Blueprint 3:


Jay-Z - History


Rap is slowly getting a more epic, orchestral sound to it in general. Which also brings me to my next favorite song of the day:


Young Jeezy - My President Is Black


The good/bad thing is that every time I listen to certain songs like the last two is that more and more people are name-dropping Obama and trying to discuss politics in their songs. Obama I think really will be as awesome as he appears to be, but now that all of the sudden there's a black man in the white house, faster and faster every rapper is becoming politically charged and democratic and even sounding like they.. care about stuff? 


I don't know, it may just be an illusion. This all just feels like a flash back to the golden age of hip hop though, it's nice. 


Especially when I was thinking Soulja Boy was literally going to be the first to pull the trigger on hip hop.



No comments: